International Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Association
Welcome to the IHPBA, AHPBA, A-PHPBA and E-AHPBA Outreach Project Registry.
Please visit our Future and Past Projects Page for information on our projects, including contact details for the project organisers if you would like to volunteer.
The IHPBA and the three regional associations AHPBA, A-PHPBA and E-AHPBA are committed to the development and advancement of HPB surgery around the world. A number of international projects have been carried out and more are planned.
- These outreach initiatives are longitudinal multifaceted programs to assist in the care of patients with HPB diseases in developing countries by fostering, mentoring and supporting local surgeons and institutions.
- Programmes involve phases of capacity assessment, surgeon identification and training, institutional development, local advocacy and support as well as continuing medical education.
- These phases are delivered through the committed efforts of multidisciplinary teams including internationally renowned HPB surgeons and coordinated by the pre-eminent international societies in hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery.
IHPBA is delighted to report that our work was recently recognised by the World Health Organisation, and are now collaborating with them on a project-by-project basis. This is the first step towards entering into an Official Relationship with WHO and underscores the importance of our international efforts.
Please click here for information about the background, principles and aims of the Outreach Projects.
Please click here for an application form to add a project to the registry
Please click here for details on how to support future outreach projects.
To volunteer for a project, please email us at email@example.com with:-
- Your name and contact details
- The project you are interested in
- A brief explanation of why you are interested and the skills you could bring to the team
If you are interested in becoming a Corporate Partner of the IHBPA please contact firstname.lastname@example.orgFind out more